Monday, November 15, 2010

14 Weeks Out


Things are on point this week! Everythings going smooth, weight is down, strength is up and the physique is looking more and more complete everyday. For some reason I am not feeling very anxious this time around, I'm feeling confident about my chances at winning in February. I really feel like this offseason has been good for my physique. My legs are up, my stomach feels tighter, calves came up and back and shoulders are wider believe it or not.
Last week was a great week in the gym. I had a great chest workout and filmed it for all of you, just go to my website www.fouadhossabiad.com and sign into the members section to check it out. 405lbs on the incline bench seems to be routine now and the week before I even did 455lbs for four reps so things are really clicking. I think the biggest news had to come on leg day though. It was my first time free weight back squatting since my leg injury. Man, I breezed through 405lbs like it was baby-weight! Banged out 12 solid reps like never before, legs felt great, no tenderness, no friction, just smooth and powerful!
I have made a big change on the career front as well. As some of you know I left MD about two months ago and I have turned the page and made the move to FLEX. I am now a Weider athlete at least for a little while anyway but I am very proud to be part of history. I hope it becomes a more long term agreement but i guess that's up to me and my placings. There is a bump in the road though as all of us experience some get hit harder than others. My Muscletech contract comes to an end in three months and I am looking for a change. They have decided to let my contract expire and I am a little excited to be honest. MT is a great company and they treated me great but at the end of the day its hard being part of a ten man team. In leaving I have a chance now to really grow with a company. There are some ideas I have in mind but like I said I have three months left so I will let you guys know as soon as I know!
So that's about it for this week. I guess the point I wanted to get across was that there are always bumps in the road. We all deal with issues, problems, adversity, some not so well and some deal with it like its nothing. I had a couple clients this week that were down in the dumps about some issues but I think its because sometimes we think we're alone. None of us are alone, some make it look like nothing is wrong on the outside but there are always things they need to deal with. Just because you don't know about their issues it doesn't mean there are none there.
The point is, life is always going to be hard if you let it. You have to role with the punches sometimes and see what you can turnover on the other side of things. I found out a few days ago that MT wasn't going to resign me and I honestly was upset for about an hour. After that hour passed I got on the phone and now I see it as an opportunity. Nothing can stop you if you don't want it to. You are in control of your life and the things you choose in life are the things that are coming to you. I choose to get off my ass and find a company that's going to believe in me and for the long term. I'm going to find a company who sees the same vision for me that I see in my own mind. When I find that I will be on top of the world and all the pieces of the puzzle will be there. How are you dealing with your adversity? Are you letting it beat you down? Are you giving up? Get off your ass and take control of your life, nothing and no one person can stop you unless you let them!

Sacrifice Without Regret,
Fouad 'Hoss' Abiad

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great Blog Fouad - You are absolutely right! Everyone faces hard times - it's how we face them that matters - head held high - proud of ourselves...only we define ourselves! Frankly - you inspire me!