Monday, November 22, 2010

13 Weeks Out


Getting closer and closer each week, the date seems like its approaching fast now and I am ready for it! This past week has been a busy week for me. I'm wrapping up a webinar that I am holding this Wednesday, November 24th for a live Q&A for all fans interested in stepping up their game. It has been quite an effort on my part to try and figure out how all of this works. Buying the software, learning how to use and then most of all marketing and actually putting on the Webinar (seminar on the web) is going to be new to me but I am excited to interact with the fans LIVE!
My girlfriend said to me 'you don't seem so focused on the show'? Which I thought was a little ridiculous at first but then realized what she was talking about. I have been up day and night trying to give back to fans with Newsletters, blogs, tips of the week, updating my members section and different items thrown in like the webinar, actually training with people and so forth. It has been a little taxing mentally and this will be the last week for it. After this week my attention will turn 100% to the show coming up in three months, the FLEX Classic.
I am going to start scaling back, not because I don't enjoy giving back or doing interactive things online but it has taken away from my physical game. The time I could be spending stretching, preparing mentally, posing, etc., is not being utilized the way it should. So, I love you all but get in to the Webinar this week because after this one I will be taking some time for myself to really sharpen my game to a point and bring home some hardware in February.
My weight is now around 275lbs and feeling tighter than ever before at this weight and in all honesty I think I may hit the stage around 255-260lbs which will be about 10lbs heavier than last year. Honestly I think all 10lbs is in my legs so I hope the competition is ready for whats coming down the road!!!
My workouts have been solid and I am training relatively injury free and really trying to still add size while getting shredded. Nothing has changed in my workouts except possibly the speed and intensity. I am still doing all the hardcore things, deadlifts, squats, military press and all free weight movements. My goal is to lift heavy and intense all the way into the show because I feel thetas what keeps you growing or at least helps you keep a full, healthy muscle leading into the show.
I am guest posing this weekend in London, Ontario at the London Championships and I am getting very excited to hit the stage. There are going to be a lot of friends at this show since it is close to my hometown and I think that has actually got me more excited than normal. I thought to myself when I woke up today how lucky I am to have made the choices I made in my life. In a few days I get to hit the stage in front of many friends and fans and put on a show for them. It may seem insignificant to most in the business because well, its just another guest appearance. For me its not. I guess I am learning to stop and take note of whats going on around me instead of just blindly going through day to day without seeing or hearing anything or anyone. I think I am blessed to be in a position to have so many good people around me, willing to train with me, willing to push me, encourage me and root for me to get to the top.
Bpdybuilding is usually a very selfish sport and I'm not saying I'm not guilty of that but I am saying taking the time to see whats around you can change you. How could I have imagined ten years ago then I would be coming back to the same stage one day as the 'entertainment'..lol. I never imagined it back then and sometimes now I still don't believe its real. All I can say is I am very thankful for the choices in my life that have brought me to this moment. I am very thankful for the people in my life that have supported me all along the way and I am very thankful to those people that I will see on Saturday cheering me on or just are there to be good friends.

Sacrifice Without Regret,
Fouad 'Hoss' Abiad

1 comment:

Unknown said...

In post , show the bodybuilder man , its looking very strong, i also want to this type of body.

-----
http://www.energyfirst.com/site/files/whey/whey-protein-powder.htm