Sunday, June 22, 2008

Two Weeks Out


Okay, its finally starting to happen. Usually when I diet for a show I start getting weaker around the four or five week mark. This year I have made a conscious effort to lift as heavy as I could for as long as I could leading up to the show. I figured this would help keep more muscle as well as keep me more full and for all intensive purposes it has worked.
Finally at the two week mark I am now noticing a significant loss in explosive power. For those of you who compete you know that the last four weeks before a show is all mental. Your mind tries to play tricks on you, telling you that you are too small or too weak, that your losing too much weight, that your not doing enough, etc., etc., etc... The ones who can control these thoughts and stay focused are the ones who become champions.
The hardest part of controlling that mental fight is when you are ready to step on stage but still have to wait. Now at the two week mark, I am ready. My weight this morning was 255lbs and I believe after dropping water I could hit the stage in the best shape of my life. The problem is now I have to wait two weeks and control my mind so I don't deviate from my program. So on the diet end things are smooth and couldn't look better right now, I just have to lift a little lighter so I don't hurt myself.
This week was good for career highlights. I found out this week that I will be doing a photo shoot at MetroFlex in Texas in a few weeks with Johnnie Jackson. My favorite gym of all the ones I have been at is Gold's Venice and I have always wanted to train at Temple Gym in England but MetroFlex will come into a close third and will be a highlight of my career to this point. JOJ is a great bodybuilder and to be part of that shoot with him will be as rewarding as the venue.
The Ontario Championships (provincial show) were this weekend and I had a chance to attend since I had a client and a friend competing in the show. I want to thank any of you who were there and are reading this for all your support and kind words. I don't think some of you understand the significance of your support. For some of you to tell me I am an inspiration and that you read my blog every week made this all worth it. Some others told me that they were counting on me to put Canada back onto the bodybuilding map. That's a ton of pressure but so flattering I will do everything in my power to be the one to represent Canada in the bodybulding world and show people that us Canucks can bang with the best!


Sacrifice Without Regret!
Fouad Abiad

1 comment:

muscleartist said...

fouad,
i will be cheering for you in the audience. Your biggest challenge will be Darrem, Silvio, Craig and perhaps Bill Willmore And Pavol.

Welcome to hot and steamy Houston...soon.

your big fan Daniel